You’ve heard about Bikram Yoga and you’re ready to give it a try. Here’s what to expect your first class:
- Yes, it’s hot. The room is heated in order to give your muscles and joints the opportunity to stretch safely. You can be assured that over the course of several classes, your body will adjust to the climate; and in the meantime we encourage you to take breaks as you need to and work at your own pace.
- Come to class prepared to sweat. We recommend wearing lightweight clothing that you can comfortably move around in. Whether it’s your first day or you’re an experienced practitioner, the key to feeling good in a Bikram Yoga class is hydration. Hydrate yourself throughout the day, and if possible, come on an empty stomach of at least 2 hours.
- Please come at least 10-15 minutes before the start of your first class so that you can get registered and let your teachers know if you have any injuries, physical limitations, etc. so that we can help you to have to best possible experience! Doors are locked at the start of class for everyones’ safety.
- Bring a yoga mat and a large towel with you for class. If you don’t have these items handy, they are available for rent or for purchase at the studio. We also have bottled water and electrolytes available for sale.
- Keep in mind that this is your first day! If the postures are a little confusing and you “dont get it” all today, don’t worry! We’ve all been in your shoes. Just try your best and you’ll get 100% of the benefits that the postures have to offer. It’s normal that your muscles are a little sore after class. You’re starting to move your body, create strength and improve flexibility in a very new way…come back again tomorrow (or as soon as possible). You’ll start to get the hang of it in no time!
- WE HAVE 3 WOMENS’ SHOWERS & 2 MENS’ SHOWERS FOR YOU TO CHANGE COMFORTABLY AND GET READY FOR WORK, PLAY, ETC.